Top 4 Hair Grooming Tips For Men
Whether you prefer a low maintenance or a more elaborate hairstyle, it’s important that you do everything you can to keep it looking its best.
In this blog post we’re going to provide you with 4 hair grooming tips to help you to do this.
Make A Regular Visit To Your Local Barbers
How often do you visit your local barbers? According to a 2015 male grooming survey, most people visit theirs once a month.
This is the perfect amount. If you leave too much time between haircuts, you’re doing yourself a disservice. Regular visits mean you can keep a consistent style, rather than leaving it for a few months and letting things get out of hand.
Also, as you build a relationship with your barber, they will be able to achieve the look you want, with very little instruction needed from you.
Choose The Right Product For Your Style
Unless you’re going for an extreme buzz cut, you will need to choose the right product for the look that you’re trying to achieve.
But with so many different hair products out there, which one should you choose? Here are some of the more popular ones:
- Hair clay – This is best used for a more relaxed style, which can be tweaked throughout the day as it doesn’t dry hard.
- Hair fibre – Fibre is great for adding extra volume to your hair. Especially if you’re looking to spike it up.
- Hair gel – Looking to achieve a wet, slicked back look? Then you should definitely choose gel. It also holds pretty well, so won’t have to keep re-applying it throughout the day.
- Hair wax – Rather than increase volume, wax is perfect if you want a sleek and neat style.
- Hair pomade – Pomade can give you a fair amount of sheen, without making your hair look too wet.
- Sea salt spray – This is perfect for those who like the ‘surfer’ or messy look.
Avoid Using Too Much Heat
When you’re in a rush in the morning, the temptation is to reach for your hairdryer, so you can dry your hair as quick as possible.
But this can be bad for your hair. The heat can make it feel dry and brittle which in extreme cases can lead to it falling out.
Drying your hair naturally with a towel is preferable. However, if you do want to use a hairdryer, it is recommended that you use it on the cold setting instead to avoid any damage.
Don’t Overuse Shampoo
Logic suggests that shampooing your hair every day should help to keep it looking its best.
But unfortunately, this isn’t the case. All this does is strip the natural oils away from your hair. This can inevitably lead to dandruff, which no-one wants let’s face it!
Instead, try washing your hair only 2 or 3 times a week. Doing this, combined with the use of a shampoo that contains natural ingredients and less chemicals, will ensure that your hair is kept in the best possible condition.
- The Well Groomed Wizard Team